Deciding to parent your child is a big deal. At WISH Medical, we can talk with you about questions you may have.
“How will I support my child?”
“Will I be able to finish school?”
“Will the father be in our lives?”
“What if my parents choose not to help me?”
Many moms and dads find great joy in parenting a child – even one they didn’t plan on. Whether you choose to parent alone, co-parent, or parent with your spouse, we can provide:
- Free confirmation of pregnancy so you can get medical insurance or other community assistance
- Free baby supplies from our Baby Boutique
- Free parenting classes with opportunities for additional baby gear through our Earn-While-You-Learn program
- Family resources, like one-on-one relationship classes or connecting you to community groups that can help meet your needs
Making an adoption plan is all about YOU. You have choices, and you make the final decisions on what your plan looks like for your future.
Women choose adoption for many different reasons, here are a few to consider:
- You want more for your child than you may be able to provide
- You feel conflicted about abortion, but do not feel you are ready to parent
- Planning for adoption allows you to resume school or continue on your career path as soon as you are able
At WISH Medical, we provide information and referrals to adoption agencies and continue by your side throughout the adoption planning process. We continue our support for birth moms and dads after the adoption is complete.
Abortion is not an easy choice to make. You deserve to have all the facts. At WISH Medical, we are fully committed to providing you with accurate information and non-judgmental, compassionate care.
Maybe you’re thinking about abortion because:
- You are reluctant to let others know you’re pregnant
- You don’t want to interrupt your life plans
- There is financial and/or emotional stress that would affect you caring for a baby
- You’re feeling pressure from the father of the baby or other family members
- There are health concerns for you and/or the baby
We know how you feel, and we want you to know that you are not alone. You have the right to know about the different types of abortion procedures, and the physical and emotional risks associated with each one so that you have ALL of the information you need to make a decision.
You have other rights too:
- You have the right to make your decision without pressure or coercion
- You have the right to know about fetal development at your stage of pregnancy
- You have the right to information that will help protect your reproductive future
- Is abortion safe?
- Could it affect me later?
- You have the right to accurate medical information regarding your pregnancy
- Are you really pregnant?
- How far along in this pregnancy are you?
- Does this pregnancy require immediate medical attention?
- Are you at risk for a miscarriage?
One of the most valuable tools you can have when making a life changing decision is information. An ultrasound in early pregnancy is one of the best ways to gather accurate information about what is happening in your body. We offer free limited obstetrical ultrasounds because you have the right to know.
The risks and realities of abortion may be hard to assess. At WISH Medical, we have caring advocates and medical professionals to guide you through your decision making process. We can fully explain abortion procedures and their risks to your health. And if you ultimately choose to have an abortion and find that you are struggling afterward, we are still here to help you. Our abortion healing program, Still Waters, is designed to help both women and men who experience pain and regret following an abortion decision.
You have the right to a safe place to share your story with someone who cares about YOU.
Take the First Step:
Find out if you are pregnant. SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT, or call 208-892-WISH (9474) for more information. We encourage you to bring the father of your baby. An appointment can be made at the same time as yours where he will have the opportunity to speak with a male advocate, who can answer his questions and equip him to support you in your decisions.