Good choices take time and require good information. When making an important decision about your future, take time to evaluate before you decide.
If you’re experiencing an unintended pregnancy, you have options:
- Single Parenting
Info and Resources:
It takes two to conceive a baby. Raising a child together is–without a doubt–a life-changing decision. Have you evaluated where your relationship is headed? Marriage has both benefits and pitfalls. Studies show that children do best in married, two-parents households. Our caring staff can provide a free relationship evaluation to help both of you consider the big picture. Feel free to make an appointment together or on your own.
Single parents account for 29% of households with children under 18 according to the 2012 US Census Bureau. Many moms or dads find great joy in parenting a child–even one they didn’t plan on. Though not without its struggles and challenges, this option has many rewards. Additional information about our support services:
- Single parent resources
- Our Family Resource Room has free baby furniture, infant clothing and more
- Fatherhood support through our “Quest!” program
- Lifestyle Series – How to develop healthy relationships
- Life Coaching – Support for life style changes
Adoption can be a selfless and loving act. A question many pregnant women ask when considering adoption is, “Am I the best person to parent this child right now?”
Statistics show that unmarried women who choose adoption will consistently attain higher levels of income and education than their peers who choose single parenting. Adoption options today allow the birth mom to control who will parent her child. Adoption is a parenting decision.
Here are the positive outcomes adopted children most frequently experience:
- They have strong feelings of security within their family
- They do extremely well in school
- They attend college more often than the general population
- They experience lower rates of crime and drug abuse
- They have a healthy sense of self-esteem and optimism
“The Strengths of Adoptive Families” study from The Search Institute
WISH Medical provides adoption referrals and follow-up care for birth moms and dads. We are not an adoption agency.
Because abortion has become a controversial political issue not just a medical or moral decision, the risks and realities may be hard to assess. While WISH Medical does not perform or refer for abortions, we are fully committed to providing you with the information you deserve and need:
- Pregnancy Testing
- Limited Obstetrical ultrasound
- Discussion of fetal development
- Explanation of abortion procedures
We will help you make a fully informed decision about how abortion may impact your future
Call 208-892-WISH (9474) for a caring advocate and professional medical help or make an appointment online.