Did you know that young people ages 15-24 account for 50% of the 20 million new STI’s diagnosed each year? ¹
In fact, teens and college-aged adults hold the highest annual percentages of new gonorrhea cases (70%) and chlamydia cases (63%).2
You have the right to know where you stand, so you can protect yourself and your partner(s). At WISH Medical, we offer professional medical care for STI testing and treatment with the lowest cost Lab-Fees.
Many sexually transmitted infections often have no symptoms, but are still highly contagious. You should be screened regularly if you are sexually active.
- Gonorrhea and Chlamydia are two of the most common STI’s
- HIV and Syphilis are less common infections but pose more serious health risks to you and your partner(s)
- Various other tests may be recommended based on your concerns about possible exposure as well as an overall assessment of your risk for infections
- All appointments and tests are 100% confidential. No insurance claims or traces.
Just because STI’s are common doesn’t mean they’re no big deal. Serious complications can result from damage caused by a sexually transmitted infection that has progressed. Problems like pelvic inflammatory disease, infertility, and sterility can be prevented through early screening and treatment of STI’s.
- You will receive results of most tests within one week of your testing appointment
- Our licensed healthcare provider can prescribe treatment for most infections, or will provide you with a medical referral for treatment if needed
- If you require treatment for an STI, you are encouraged to notify recent partners so they can be tested and treated
Find out where you stand. SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT or call 208-892-WISH (9474) for more information.
2 http://www.cdc.gov/std/products/youth-sti-infographic.pdf Accessed 5/2016